I am posting this awesome car for a friend. I love it and wish I could keep it but I am in minivan purgatory for at least a few more years.
1989 Ford Crown Victoria LX (Private owner) – $1500 (Las Vegas)
Selling a 1989 Ford Crown Victoria LX in great shape. (Great shape for a 22 year-old car, anyway.) The last of the great American full-sized sedans!
Vehicle was a daily-driver from 1993 – 2009, and has been meticulously maintained. Just about the only thing original left on the vehicle is the motor and rear end. In the entire time I drove it, it broke down on me ONCE. (Bad starter.) And all it took to get her back rolling was to crawl up under it right there in the parking lot and drop the starter, without even needing a jack.
Overall it’s in great condition for a 22 year-old car… but it’s a car for someone capable of working on cars themselves and who appreciates older vehicles.
It needs more attention than I can give it, I don’t have a garage spot to keep it anymore, and I’m reluctantly selling it. 😦
(I’d prefer to keep it… it’s become like a member of the family!)
– 302cid 8-cylinder engine
– Working AC with new hoses, evaporator, seals, and dryer (installed/serviced last summer)
– Gray leather interior
– New dashboard
– New brakes & bearings
– New u-joints
– New front-end alignment
– Good tires
– Mounted SunPro gauge set (Temp/Oil/Volt)
– Good tint
– 12″ electric cooling fan installed
– Transmission cooler installed
– Alpine deck with 5-disk CD in trunk
– LOTS of spare parts, filters, gaskets, relays, and whatnot
Gas mileage isn’t too bad, I estimate around 15 – 18 mpg.
Some things that still need servicing/replacing:
– Oil pan gasket has a drip near the front and should be replaced
– Power door lock actuator on driver door was removed and should be replaced
– Power door lock actuator on passenger door non-functional and should be replaced
– Front seats have wear on the leather
– Speedometer needs adjusting
Overall it’s a GREAT car for anyone capable of working on cars, willing to tinker with a few odds & ends to get her back in tip-top shape.
$1500 firm. (And yes, firm means firm.)
If you’re interested in taking care of a good, reliable, classic vehicle that has great karma/carma, please email, text, or call: