My apologies for catching this a little late, but there are still plenty of opportunities around town to get out there and learn hands only CPR.
Upcoming Save A Life Week Aims To Expose At Least 3,000 People To Hands-Only CPR
Las Vegas Fire & Rescue is teaming up with University Medical Center and the YMCA of Southern Nevada, to offer chest compression-only cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) awareness training during Save A Life Week, Nov. 13-20, at locations citywide. The free training takes 15 minutes and is open to all ages.
Citizen CPR Foundation selected the city of Las Vegas to receive 500 CPR mannequins, which are making training stops throughout the country before arriving in San Diego for the National Emergency Cardiac Care meeting in December.
CPR is one of the most important links in the American Heart Association’s Chain of Survival that includes early 911, early CPR, early defibrillation and early advanced care. Victims who receive bystander CPR prior to emergency medical services arrival have an almost 300 percent increased chance of survival. This year marks the 50th anniversary of the life-saving procedure.
Save A Life Week is a community awareness event, and does not include CPR certification. The event will include daily giveaways and raffles. Winners will be notified the week following the event. For more information, please visitwww.lasvegasnevada.gov/savealife, http://www.lasvegasymca.org/ , http://www.cpracrossamerica.com/ or http://www.umcsn.com/ .
Scheduled Save A Life training events include:
• Saturday, Nov. 13, All city of Las Vegas Fire Stations, 10 a.m. to Noon, 1 to 3 p.m.
• Sunday, Nov. 14, Bill and Lillie Heinrich YMCA, 4141 Meadows Lane, 10 a.m. to Noon, 1 to 3 p.m.
• Monday, Nov. 15, East Las Vegas Community Center, 250 N. Eastern Ave., 10 a.m. to Noon, 1 to 3 p.m.
• Tuesday, Nov. 16, Veterans Memorial Leisure Services Center, 101 N. Pavilion Center Drive 10 a.m. to Noon, 1 to 3 p.m.
• Wednesday, Nov. 17, Dula Community Center, 441 East Bonanza Road, 10 a.m. to Noon Durango Hills Community Center YMCA, 3521 N. Durango Drive, 6 to 8 p.m.
• Thursday, Nov. 18, Durango Hills Community Center YMCA, 3521 N. Durango Drive, 10 a.m. to Noon Desert Vista Community Center, 10360 Sun City Blvd., 6 to 8 p.m. for Sun City residents
• Friday, Nov. 19, Desert Vista Community Center, 10360 Sun City Blvd., 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. for Sun City residents
• Saturday, Nov. 20, Centennial Hills Community Center YMCA, 6601 N. Buffalo Drive, 10 a.m. to Noon, 1 to 3 p.m.
Get out there and save a life! Who knows the life you save might be Johnny’s!